By Kerri Carpenter
Boy, a year can certainly fly by fast. Seems like we were just at the 2012 WRW Retreat, discovering our new home at the Best Western Westminster Catering and Conference Center in Maryland. Believe it or not, it’s almost time for the 2013 Retreat.
Not quite in the mood yet to break out the luggage and go through old books to donate at the annual book swap? Never fear! We’re here to remind you why this year’s Retreat is going to rock your socks. Get ready for the “Top Ten Reasons to Get Jazzed for this Year’s Retreat” list.
Without further ado…
10. In no particular order, let’s hear it for a sample of our fabulous speakers and workshop presenters: Mary Burton, Shiloh Walker, Darynda Jones, Jane Porter, Dorien Kelly, Sarah Wendell, Dr. Pam Regis, Angela James, Kathy Seidel, Diane Gaston, and Cathy Maxwell.
9. Romance Jeopardy. Sure, “this game isn’t fair,” but yet we all end up loving it anyway! You know you can’t wait to play again!
8. Making new friends and contacts. Didn’t those crazy Mermaids first meet at a Retreat?
7. The Goody Bags – need we say more?
6. The fabulous crop of industry professionals, there to answer your questions and offer you a multi-book contract. Okay, maybe not that last part, but they’ll be there. We can’t wait to hang with Sarah Wendell, Agents Louise Fury, Marlene Stringer, Jenny Bent and Michelle Grajkowski, along with editors and industry professionals from Random House, Carina Press, Entangled Publishing, HarperCollins, Boroughs Publishing, Loose Id, Sourcebooks and Harlequin.
5. Raffle, raffle and more raffle! Who wants to win chocolate, books, critiques and other amazing prizes!
4. Not having to deal with our kids, significant others, day jobs, second jobs, grocery shopping, traffic, errands and all that other “life” stuff for a whole weekend.
3. Agent & Editor Appointments. What slush pile? Come pitch to some of the industry’s very best.
2. The bar – I mean, come on. Let’s be honest.
And the number one reason to get jazzed for this year’s WRW Retreat is…
1. To see all of your WRW friends! WRW would be nothing without our talented, amazing, gorgeous members. Here’s to another successful, fun and inspiring Retreat!
See you in Westminster!